Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

Like I said in yesterday's post - we didn't really do anything for Valentine's Day.  As the day went on, I felt bad...  so this afternoon a department near mine was having a Bake Sale.  I picked up two cuppie-cakes for the kids.  There.  ha.  Super Mom right?!  

Cora ate the darn thing up in like 2 minutes...  frosting and all.   Yuk.  ha.  Kayson had his after supper.

The kids had good days at school.  I was told Cora was great - ate well and had a little piece of chocolate (for their Valentine's 'party').  I was then told she was wild for a bit.  Really?!  ha.  Oh well.  Kayson had a good day too. They had a party at school which included exchanging their Valentine's (he got a TON of stuff), and they had chocolate covered strawberries.  Sounds fun to me.  

Tonight we just stayed in... we ordered pizza from Gusto up the street and had a fairly good night.  Well - minus the near explosion from Cora.  We are told she has great days, and the second we walk in the door, she's crying/screaming/throwing herself on the floor.  I do everything in my power not to freak out myself.  I know she's hungry, so I give her a snack (that lasts 2 seconds)... in the mean time I have to make supper.  You've heard it all before - just not enough time in the day.  :)  Right?!?  Anyway, she had a meltdown tonight after supper... so Ryan took her to her room (for some quiet time and to maybe 'chill' out)... and she eventually fell asleep ON HER FLOOR for about 30 minutes.  I didn't have time to take a picture of her - and to be honest, I didn't want to wake her!  Don't wake the monster!

Anyway, she was a little better after her rest...  then bed for her... and a meltdown from Kayson.  Oh boy.  I'm ready to have a new day - and maybe two kids that are happy for US.  Ugh.

I'm glad the work week is over.  I'm ready for a little break.  We don't have big plans this weekend, which is great again.  

Here are a few pictures from today - my little Valentine's.  (When Cora was happy.)  

"Sorry Boys, Dad said I can't date!"
Cheesy.
Looking at ALL his treats!
Reading to sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment