Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Kindergarten - Part 1

This evening, the Waukee district office opened their doors for parents to come on a 'come and go' basis to ask questions and meet a few of the Principals of the schools.  I had a few questions, and felt we needed to go.  

We had a teacher from daycare stay with the kids for an hour... and we were off.  Of course, we had no idea what to expect (actually - I thought there would be a huge line and loads of parents there, worried we wouldn't get any time to really 'talk'), but I was wrong.  There was one other parent there at the same time.  Perfect.  It went well... we sat down with a few Principals and just asked questions and they talked.  A lot of the stuff they told us will be told to us again at a later date, but I felt some ease having this opportunity to meet and listen.  I liked it.  

We also had the chance to talk with the person who (I guess) is in charge of the before and after school program - Beyond the Bell.  Our daycare won't transport Kayson to and from, so our only option is utilizing the before and after program at school.  We got some basics from her and there, too, I felt comfortable with what we heard.  

All in all, it was good...  I'm glad we took the 40 minutes to step away and get some more information.  With this being our 'first' time...  it just helped... 

There will be several more 'parts' to our Kindergarten prep...   I'm excited and looking forward to seeing what's to come and get Kayson prepped for real school!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment