Sunday, September 15, 2013

Arizona Trip 2013

We are home... and exhausted!  But it was a fabulous trip.  I probably will say this a couple times in this post, but I'm so blessed and happy that we were able to make the long trip for the few short days.  It meant a ton to me... and I want to thank my dad.  

Thursday morning we got the kids up early...  loaded everything up and headed to the airport.  We met my sister, Tricia and her hubby, Greg there...  they were on the same flights as us, which was a GINORMOUS help... and ease to my nerves.  :)  Flights went well... this was the kids' first time flying, so you just never know what's going to happen...  but it all happened smoothly...  They did awesome.  K was so brave and just had a smile on his face!  Then the iPad was pulled out... and he was in heaven.  :)
Waiting for take off!
K with his first ticket!
We landed safely in Phoenix, then Tucson... then onto get our rental cars.  I forgot to grab a picture of the car that Trish and Greg got, but it was hilarious.  Anyway, we drove the short way to the resort, got settled in and ate.  (We were starving - the time change had us all messed up!)
Aunt Trish with the kids - thank god they were there with us!  Such a huge help!
The view from the resort.  Amazing.
First family picture (in our travel clothes!)
From there, we made ourselves at home...  we had an amazing room, with a kitchen, dining room table, couches, etc...  it was perfect for the kids.  Lots of space.  Thursday evening we 'hosted' pizza in for Mom/Dad, Trish/Greg, and my Aunt Caroyl and Uncle Rick (Mom's twin sister).  We had a nice time visiting and catching up.  

Cool cactus - as Kayson would say!
Some swim time!
 
 
Friday was pool day and enjoying the beautiful scenery and HOT weather!  It was awesome.  

Cora loved the water!
Greg & Trish helping K do some tricks in the water.
She liked to take breaks too - snacking.  :)
Friday evening we enjoyed the rehearsal supper with the family... finally getting to see the rest of the crew.  Jacqui (cousin) is the one getting married...  Kellie and Cale are her sister and brother (cousins), and the rest of the family - kids, girlfriends and more friends.  It was a beautiful evening (once the sun goes down!)  

Me, Kellie, Trish, Jacqui & Katie (girlfriend of Cale)
Saturday was another pool day... and some relaxation.  We were all wiped out by Saturday morning, so we just took it easy.  I think we all snoozed at some point.  :)  


And Saturday evening was the big event.  We (us 4) had to leave super early this morning (Sunday) to catch our flight, so we were only able to enjoy the celebration for about 4 hours.  The ceremony was at a farm in south Arizona, and it was amazing.  Jacqui has always wanted to be married there, and her dream came true.  She has also found the love of her life, and that makes me so happy.  

It was a pleasant evening... and we really enjoyed ourselves.  I was super sad to leave...  lots of tears on my end.  I guess my emotions were out of control - happy, exhausted, blessed to be there with my family, and sad to leave...  It was an amazing trip.  

More random pictures... plus wedding pics.

My pretty girl... just hangin' out!
These signs were around the pool area... thankfully, we never saw any!
Cora's new face. 
Swim time!!!
My fun sister and Greg
US!  (sweating!)
Love the hair clip - and she kept it in!!
Such a handsome boy.
A few of the little cousins - Indy, Drew, Luke & Emily
My beautiful cousin, Jac, the Bride
My loves!
The adult cousins that were there (Kells, Cale, Jac, me & Trish)
Cousins & their kiddos!
Again, it was a great trip...  well worth it!  I'm hoping the kids are 'back to normal' by tomorrow night, as right now - they are all out of sorts!  K also has a terrible cough, so he'll probably be going to the doctor this week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment