Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Trial Run

Today...  after 10 weeks of being home with Cora...  she had a trial run at daycare for about 4 hours.  I had a hair appointment, and Ryan and I decided today would be a good day for Cora to try it out and for the teachers to get to know her.  I was hoping Ryan would be able to stay home with her for a bit, but he's just too busy with work...  but it worked out.  

One of the main teachers, Stacy, was there...  she seems very nice and very caring.  I know the other teacher, Jess, through another teacher... she wasn't there today, but that's ok.  I know Cora is in good hands...  it's just me getting used to having her somewhere else.  It's simple as that.  I know I've done this before... I know the routine... I know she's safe and I know she'll be just fine...  It's just one of those things where it doesn't get easier.  

Anyway, Stacy said Cora did well... ate pretty well (a little earlier than I wanted), but we'll all get that figured out... and she snoozed for a little bit too.  Here at home, we swaddle Cora for naps and bedtime...  daycare centers can't swaddle (against the law for them), so she will use a sleep sack.  I'm sure Cora will adjust just fine...  at least I hope!  :)

So after 4 hours, I picked her up and she smiled at me.  Just what I wanted.  I love her.

She'll go back a couple times next week as well... 

No comments:

Post a Comment