Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Our Daughter

I'm going to boast a little about our 6 week old.  I don't even care if doing this boasting and bragging will jinx us or not.  I'm thrilled at how our daughter is creating a little routine.

First, she's 6 weeks old - can't believe it.  It's been a wonderful 6 weeks with her.  
Second, she's eating nearly 5.5 ounces every 3 hours - she's a tubbo!  :)  I'm loving her fat rolls on her thighs already!
Third, she's sleeping nearly 9 hours at night - NINE HOURS!

As for her routine...  we are somewhat on one already.

Between 6:30 & 7:00 am - wakes... happy, smiling, not too mad!  Eats.
Within 40 minutes - POOPS.  :) (this has happened the last 5 days in a row!)  Funny to me.
Between 8:00 & 8:30 am - gets fussy and wants to nap...  I wrap her in a blanket, we walk for about 2 minutes, I lay her in her bed - sleeps for nearly an hour and a half.  Sometimes, she'll wake about 30 minutes in and need her diaper changed.  (She does not like a wet diaper!)
Between 10:00 & 10:30 am - mad... hungry.  Eats.
Lays around, "plays", "talks", kicks legs for about 40 minutes to an hour.
Between 11:30 or noon - naps
Around 2:00 pm - mad again... hungry.  Eats.

From then on out, we are kind of the same routine:  awake time, nap time, pick up Kayson time.   She usually snoozes in the car seat.

Between 5:30 & 6:00 pm - not nearly as mad... but hungry.  Eats.
Most evenings (between 7:00 & 8:00 pm) - she's fussy, restless, nothing really makes her very happy...  we do a lot of walking, talking, Shhhing, pacifier time, swaddled, etc.  Tonight, however, she was delightful - she had awake time from 7:30 to 9:00 pm.  Very enjoyable!
Between 9:00 & 9:30 pm - mad... hungry & VERY tired.  Eats.
BED.  We swaddle her and lay her in bed - awake.  (I've realized over the past week or so, she really doesn't like to be rocked.)  It's pretty interesting.

Like I said, if I jinx this, oh well - Ryan says I will be the one that gets up in the middle of the night.  Yes dear.  :)

I'm heading to bed - cuz she may wake me at 3:00 am. (I don't care tho, who can resist that sweet face!?!?)


1 comment:

  1. Look at that adorable outfit! And baby girl too of course!

    ReplyDelete