Saturday, June 23, 2012

Wedding Night

This afternoon/evening we celebrated our favorite daycare teachers wedding day - Miss Whitney!  
First, we had a off and on morning - Ryan worked, K and I stayed home and tried to stay busy...  I don't think I did a very good job of that.  We were both kind of owly towards each other!
Anyway a very short nap was taken by Kayson (I did lay down too, which was nice), then we got ready for the wedding...  

Taking a 3 1/2 year old to a wedding can always be interesting...  a lot of waiting, a lot of sitting, a lot of us telling him to be quiet, etc.  Afterwards, I feel bad for the kid (or any kid in that situation)  As a parent, you end up expecting probably way too much out of them.  You can only do so much.  But either way, I'm glad we were there to see Miss Whitney and Jake tie the knot.  Whitney looked beautiful and very happy...  

During the reception, there was a lot more waiting and sitting...  finally we were able to eat.  Of course, Kayson ate practically nothing - besides a roll and about 3 chocolate kisses.  Yah, dinner of champions.  Soon enough, he was exhausted and whining, and all those 3 1/2 year old things.  Him and I waited in line to dance with Whitney for the Dollar Dance (the whole time, him telling me that his tummy hurt).  We got a quick hug and 'dance' with Whitney, then we moved on.  (I had my cell phone ready to take a picture, and it froze or locked or something... grr... so no proof of our adorable son with one of his favorite teachers).  Bummer.  Anyway, we headed out.  Kayson cried nearly the entire way home from Ames...  not really telling us what was wrong, but finally I asked one more time, and he said his tummy hurt bad.  

We finally got home, and he had to potty... bad.  Poor kid.  He was upset and just doesn't understand why his tummy was like that, etc...  I feel bad.  And of course, he was wiped out...  didn't take him long to fall asleep once he did potty. 

I'm hoping for a more productive and 'fun' day for Kayson tomorrow.  

Here's a picture of us before the wedding...  smiles and all.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment