Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend

We had a nice weekend...  Saturday morning we went down to Creston.  That evening was a friend of ours wedding reception.  They were married on the sand in February, and had a party Saturday night.  Saturday afternoon, K had a nice nap, while Ryan, Mike & I drove around town to see the tornado damage...  I didn't even think to bring my camera, but I'm sure you've seen pictures online.  And to be honest, pictures do NOT do it justice.  It's still a mess...  there's a lot of work to be done.  And it's absolutely mind-boggling how a tornado can skip one home, take the next, skip the next, then take another one... right in a row.  Amazing. 

After nap, the boys went outside in the chilly weather and picked up sticks in Papa's yard.  $.25 a stick...  haha.  That's the rule around the Taylor house.  They were out there a long time, and Kayson got $1.  haha.  :)  Funny.

Then it was time to 'party'.   There were a ton of people there to catch up with, which was wonderful!  A little reunion for some of us.  Kayson did great, and wanted to dance...  well of course we had to patiently wait until it was our turn to dance, but he did well...  No camera, but our friend Jessica said she took some of him...  I'll post if there are some good ones!  Mike & JeanAnn took him back to the house around 8:30...  Ryan and I continued talking with friends til about 11:30.  I was wiped out, but we really had a nice time. 

Somewhat decent picture of us.  :)
Pickin' up sticks!

We were back to DSM this morning by noon, which was nice...  and even nicer, we ALL took a LONG HARD 3 HOUR NAP.  My goodness... I died.  ha.  But it was a perfect afternoon for it... I'm not complaining! 

No comments:

Post a Comment