Sunday, September 11, 2011

WHY?

I was reminded tonight (by Ryan) that about 2 months ago, Kayson wasn't really asking the question "Why?"  Um...  I can officially say - that question is asked at EVERYTHING we talk about now!  Oh my goodness!  I never really imagined what that would be like --- or thought I would understand it...  I do now, and it kind of makes me crazy!  ha.  He knows when he asks "Why?" and we give him an answer... he either 'gets it' or he goofs off and asks "Why?" about 14 more times.  ;)  He can be so naughty!

Our weekend:

He was thrilled to have Daddy home Friday night...  they talked and talked when Ryan got home... then we decided to do dinner out... and Kayson had to be removed from the table a couple times (I think) - it felt like a couple times anyway - for just not listening.  Listening has been a struggle lately.  (Apparently that's hard for a 2 1/2 year old?!?!)  Who knew!!  ha. 

Saturday, he missed Daddy a lot in the morning, as Daddy needed to work some more...  so more "Why's?" were had and lots of meltdowns.  After a quick haircut by Aunt Lacey... and a few more meltdowns, it was come to the conclusion that Kayson's pretty much sick of me!  ;)   ha!!

An Iowa football game was had... and a disappointing loss too.  I had an upset husband!!  Darnit.  Saturday night Kayson got spoiled (and had a blast) with Aunt Tricia and cousins Hope & Eden.  Ryan and I went out with some friends for dinner and some karaoke.  We were told Kayson was great (of course!)...  Trish tells some great stories about him... it's great to hear the things he says and does when we are gone.  I love hearing about his fun and his personality when we aren't around...  just makes me smile. 

And today was more "Why's" and meltdowns.  I'm not going to lie - today wasn't a fun day for us.  It was a wasted day of doing random things and not really leaving the house.  We are all tired...  and really - kind of burnt out.  Kayson's busy (that's obvious) and we just have to keep him distracted from the "Why's" of life!  ha.  (If it was just that easy!!)

Asks "WHY" when I tell him it's time to get out of the driver's seat!
Asked "WHY" this was on our driveway Saturday morning?  (I crossed out 'State' and added 'Hawks'!)  
Quick story regarding the "GO STATE" on the driveway.  We have some great neighbors (very lucky)... and one set in particular are Iowa State fans... and are the ONLY Iowa State fans on our immediate block.  Apparently they thought it would be fun to stamp this little blurb on ALL of the Iowa fans' driveways early Saturday morning.  It was pretty damn funny to see this down the block...  good times.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment