Friday, September 23, 2011

Kayson Michael

There's been so many 'things' Kayson has done or said in the past month or so, I felt like I should just write them all out. 
  • He can now open the fridge door, stand on the small ledge at the bottom of the fridge and reach his milk...  or open the drawer at the bottom and get some string cheese.  It's funny to think we used to have to do this for him, now he can do it himself.
  • He also will now go down to the basement (where our small fridge is of pop) and get the correct pop that Mommy and Daddy want.  AWESOME!  (Yes, we can be lazy!)
  • Pottying is going well -- really well at daycare, but getting there at home.  We still hear "Mommy I need a diaper so I can poop!"  He SO KNOWS WHAT'S GOING ON!  Stinker!  I think I need to do some more reading/asking advice on this one... 
  • We've been doing big boy underware this week at home --- from about 6 pm til bedtime... and it's going well.  (We are going to attempt big boy underware this weekend)  Wish us luck!
  • He eats way better for me if we have supper ready by 5:30.  That's early for Ryan and I (Ryan's usually not even home), but I've been tallying up - he just plain sits better, eats his entire meal and is much more happy during and afterwards. 
  • Wants and does everything on his own (if possible) -- for example:
    • opening the slider for the dogs, opening the front door for the dogs... or us
    • tending to the Pantry himself! (This one is scary and annoying - he can reach a ton of stuff, including the junk food and glass bowls) - probably should re-arrange that!
    • gets undressed himself when needing to potty... and can get his pants on easily, shirts are a little more difficult
    • puts his shoes on himself - even the correct side (left/right)
  • My ul-time favorite thing he asks me (in his sweet voice) - "Mommy will you play with me please?"  So sweet.
  • He asked our neighbor the other day - "How was Avery's day?"  Again - sweet. 
  • He always wants to know what our friends are doing...  asks about our neighbors, or Lacey, or his teachers/friends from daycare...  we talk and talk about the people in our lives.  I hope this is a sign that he'll be a caring boy/man.
  • Other funny things he says:
    • "Go away" - when he's mad at me!
    • "C'mon boys... let's go for a walk!" - talking to the dogs.
    • "I had a good day Mommy... did you?" - when I pick him up from daycare.
    • "I want my Daddy!" - I hear this a lot when he's tired and sick of me! :)
  • My favorite (specifically tonight) - "I want to go to bed..."  After a long week, long day, and long night of dinner out, and a portion of the Waukee Football game...  He'll sleep good tonight.
Our beautiful (and ornery) son.

No comments:

Post a Comment