Friday, August 5, 2011

Meltdowns

I've been told (and know this deep down), that meltdowns are 'normal' for 2 1/2 year olds.  I still don't like them.  Kayson's been FAMOUS for meltdowns this week...  of course a week when Ryan is home... lovely!  ha.  

It's been interesting...  Part of me thinks he's just tired, but I don't know.  When we come home from daycare, he wants quiet time and watches a movie.  I understand that - I want quiet time too!  ;)  Sometimes, tho, when he's watching a movie... or even if we are playing... he freaks out, just out of nowhere!  He'll start crying, hitting... telling me (or Daddy) to "Go away!"  REALLY?  We have tried compromising with him... tried talking through it...  tried walking away...  it's typically a 5 minute ordeal.  Again 4 minutes too long for us!  He's just pushing our buttons... we know it...  2 1/2 year old little, smart and stubborn boy.  Gotta love him.  ;)

With all of that...  he continues to eat really well (actually trying some newer things) and sleep like a champ.  So I think he IS tired and just acting out?  But when he has meltdowns at 5:30 in the afternoon... that makes for a long evening!  

I keep a 'journal' (in addition to this blog), of all of Kayson's milestones and quirks, this meltdown thing is in red...  meaning something that I don't like, or is/was a challenge for us!  Teehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment