Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday already?

I honestly can't believe it's Tuesday night already...  I really shouldn't complain.  Some days/weeks take.for.ever!  I'm glad it's almost mid-week...  it's been a long couple weeks at work especially.  

We had a good weekend.  We didn't do much on Saturday - some errands and just hung around at home.  Sunday my sister, Trish, and her girls came to town to shop... we met them for lunch and had a great time.  Kayson was a treat -- meaning, ornery and a 'show-off', but he ate well, so we couldn't complain too much!  Sunday late afternoon, the Taylor's came to visit...  to celebrate Ryan's birthday.  He turned 32 on Monday.  We had a nice time...  Kayson played hard with Papa Mike, while the rest of us just hung out... and I felt like I got some nice time with Tate.  Tate is getting so big... and just a busy little boy already!  Such a cutie!

Kayson's been a really good boy lately.  And to top it off, he's been eating like a champ!  He's always eating well at daycare, but the last two nights, he's been just sitting in his chair and mohwing down.  I'm loving it!  There's just something about knowing and seeing your kid eat...  everything on his plate!  ;)

Tonight while I was putting K to bed, we talked about Daddy being gone tonight and how he'll be back tomorrow.  Kayson asked if Daddy sleeps... I, of course, said "Yes, he'll sleep in his hotel room."  He then proceeded to tell me about hotel rooms and swimming.  He asked if Daddy would swim.  It just makes me smile - he remembers everything, and I feel, is so smart.  We talked about staying in a hotel in a couple weeks when we go to Kansas City with the Taylor's.  This was our conversation:
K:  "Tate swim?"
Me: "Well not really - Uncle Blair will hold him, but he'll be in the water."
K: "Daddy holds me... and gets my face wet!"  "I want to swim!"  
Our conversation went on and on...  I eventually had to stop and we HAD.TO.GO.TO.BED!  ;) 

I'm glad it's Tuesday night...  Ryan will be home tomorrow, Tate's 6 mo pictures will be taken Thursday night... then it'll be Friday.  Now I just have to make it through the work DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment