Monday, February 1, 2010

Good... and Not... and another month

Good = We had a good weekend... busy (do people get tired of using the word busy?) I need a new word to use... hectic? eventful? active? on the go? Any of those will work for this weekend... and pretty much any other weekend! Anywho - Friday evening we finally got up to Ankeny to see our good friends Jamie & Travis and their little guy Braley. What a little stud. He's almost 2 months older than Kayson - and he's a hoot. Kayson and him played well - both independently and together... it was a nice visit! Saturday we did some errands and then Blair & Martina came to visit and we all went out for dinner - hit up Buffalo Wild Wings, good food and good company. Aunt Martina taught Kayson one adult thing while at dinner --- "Cheers" - she taught him to do "Cheers" with his sippy cup and her adult drink. They would click their 'glasses' and then take a drink - it was hilarious. Should have that stuff on video! Kayson also had his first coloring experience... Martina and him colored a little... he thought that was pretty cool. Sunday, I unfortunately needed to come into work for a little bit, then grocery shopped and was home for the afternoon... then Sunday evening I met some of my girlfriends for dinner. Good weekend... always full with something!

Not = we aren't sleeping well. Kayson just isn't getting it lately - he isn't getting the fact that Momma and Daddy need their beauty sleep. :) He's just been struggling lately - he will go to bed just fine, but is typically up anywhere between 11 pm and 1 am, crying - mad - restless... then the rest of the evening, he's up about every hour until morning. That's TOUGH. Today I feel icky - I just feel overwhelmed and exhausted... I sure hope one of these nights (soon), we'll have some relief!

Another Month = has went by. Typically I send out monthly emails to friends and family with the links to the blog and Kayson's pictures... not sure if anyone gets annoyed by that??? But I think I'm just going to do that every other month... I'm finding that since Kayson doesn't sit still, it's hard to get pictures of him (or at least his front side) - it's typically him crawling away or right up in my face (cuz he LOVES the camera!)

No comments:

Post a Comment