Sunday, February 7, 2010

Night Away

I surprised Ryan with a night away... I've had it planned for nearly 2 months... and it ended up being a perfect time to get away. I may sound like a bad mom - but we've had a rough couple weeks with Kayson not sleeping, and not feeling well. So getting away was good for us. We needed it.

Saturday around noon we headed out to Williamsburg to shop a little. This was more for me, but it does help that Ryan likes to shop too! We had a great time - did some damage there (for me, for Ryan & Kayson!), then headed over to Iowa City. We checked into our hotel and relaxed for about an hour. We then met up with Corey & Angi and Holly & Clay. We went for dinner and had a great time - we ate, had a few drinks and talked for hours... it was perfect, and just what we all needed!!! We then crashed - I think I was asleep by 10:30 and slept hard til 5:15 (right when my alarm normally goes off!) Figures!! Ryan and I kind of tossed and turned til about 8:30 or so...

We were back home around 12:30 this afternoon. It was a great time and now back to reality!

Kayson was cared for and had fun with my parents, my sister, Jill, and nieces Lindsay & Eden. Even Trish & Hope came down today for a little bit to get their fill of Kayson! We think Kayson is feeling better - he's finally eating a little more and a little more interested in milk. His tummy still kind of gurgles and has had some messy diapers... but we do think it's getting better. The viral thing must have turned into more of a 'bug'.

Big thanks to my family for taking care of Kayson. It was a much needed break!

No comments:

Post a Comment