Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Eating? & Dancin'

Some days are good... some days are not.
Some days veggies are ate... but often not.
Some days no 'fighting'... some days lots of crying.

I'm talking about our wonderful son when it comes to dinner time!

I'm wondering how to get a 14 month old to eat well at each meal?? I know that there will be some roller coaster type times when he'll eat everything on the plate and some times nothing at all... we are leaning toward the not eating much at all. He sure does like graham crackers, cheese & crackers, pudding, yogurt & mini pancakes... did you notice there's no veggies in that list, or many fruites, however, he'll do manderin oranges. Granted, I'm not a big veggie eater, but he's only 14 months old! He use to inhale peas, green beans & mixed veggies (as baby food!) I worry every evening that he's not eating 'healthy' enough... but then again, what is healthy enough for him at this stage? I don't know the answer to that.

We are working on more teeth. Tonight Kayson sucked and chewed on two teething rings... as he drooled and drooled... This is tough for him I know... hard to handle sometimes. He hasn't ran any fevers, thankfully, just unhappy... I'm ready for those teeth to pop through. Poor guy.

On a side note, last night Kayson was a happy little boy - here he is dancing. He swings his arms back and forth. Hilarious. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Presley eats just about everything. We always give her the veggies first, when she is most hungry!
    I didn't have a lot of ideas for stuff for her to eat, but my mom has given me lots!
    She gives them frozen mini bagels to 'teeth' on. when they start to get soft then she tears them into smaller pieces.
    french toast sticks, scrambled eggs, mac & cheese, sliced lunch meat and cheese, fish sticks, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese, peaches, pears, mandrin oranges, sometimes i buy the 100 calories fruit cocktail and pick out stuff in there....hope this helps with some ideas, but i do think the older they get the harder it is! :) oh the fun!

    ReplyDelete