Monday, April 20, 2009

Mr. & Mrs. Taylor (and not Ryan & Me)

Blair & Martina got married Saturday, April 18... it was a perfect day. We were concerned the rain was going to ruin some photos for outdoors, but it ended up being just right. I do know a little about photography - and cloudy is the best day to take pictures, so the photographers were thrilled and I'm sure the images were just right.

The day started early - 7:15 was when we needed to meet in the hotel lobby to head to the salon. Yes, 7:15. I was up early (5:30) - I just didn't sleep well at all - mostly because my head was racing thinking of all the things that were going to happen on Saturday and thinking about all the things we couldn't forget for Kayson and myself... and another pain in the butt was the damn pillows at the hotel. They might as well not even have had pillows!! ha. Anywho - the salon session went well - we all had a great time, Martina had some nerves kick in, but overall, she did great and looked absolutely beautiful! She was anxious to see Blair (I remember that exact feeling - that's all I wanted to do - see Ryan on our wedding day!) Then it was back to the church to get Mart dressed and off to see her groom. The rest of us bridesmaids got ourselves ready and then it was picture time... everything went well - seemed to be flawless and simple. The time flew by... ceremony was great, pictures & bus was fun after the ceremony (although, I need to add that Ryan now agrees with me - we are getting too old for this stuff!). We did have fun on the bus - but we just realized that things change... I've known and felt this since Kayson was born, but I think it hit Ryan a little more while we were on the bus. Too funny! The wedding reception was gorgeous - decorated perfectly - filled with all the people that love and adore Blair & Mart.

Kayson did great during the entire day -- thank goodness he's a good baby - being held almost all day long (which he's not a big fan of!) and just being tossled around all day. My parents came and stayed with Kayson in the hotel room while we celebrated at the reception... That was so much easier having them there to take care of him. Plus he really needed some quiet time and time to kick and play like he normally does. Kayson slept great for us Saturday night!! A whopping 9 hours!! WHOHOO! He was tired too!!

Now it's back to normalcy... laundry and house cleaning was our job for Sunday night. We were all tired and just ready for bed (a comfy bed!).

Congrats again to Mr. & Mrs. Blair Taylor!! YEA!

Here's a picture of me & the blushing Bride! and another with Friend, Beth.



No comments:

Post a Comment