Monday, April 6, 2009

Getting old

Saturday night were the Bachelor & Bachelorette parties for Blair & Martina. I'm the Matron of Honor for Mart - (totally shocked when she asked me, but also very flattered). When I got to thinking we needed to start planning a bachelorette party, I got nervous... I'm not good at stuff like that - and knowing Kayson would be in our lives by then, I was really nervous - how would I plan something!!?!? Well - Martina has some wonderful friends -- and one in particular, Beth, has been a real gem! I spoke with her and told her that I'd really appreciate it if she would kind of take the lead with the planning... (I would help when I could & pay for anything) - she was all for it! And she did a fabulous job! :)

We did dinner out at Champp's, then back to the hotel room for gifts & games, then it would be on to the bars. When gifts & games were over - (which was around 11 pm), I was wiped out already!! I forgo ed the bar hopping and went home to get my son.

How things change!??! and man, I felt old!! I've never been a big drinker, but now that Kayson is here - things just change! And I have realized that I had no idea how life would change until Kayson... I use to think that things wouldn't really change, but they do - and all for the better. Ryan & I are just more responsible and 'into' each other and our new 'family'. I could talk til I'm blue in the face about being a parent, but until you experience it yourself, you'll never truly understand. It's amazing.

My many, many wishes to Martina & Blair -- they are blessed to have each other and I pray & hope that they will someday experience what 'getting old' feels like after they have had babies!! :)

(Here's a picture of Mart enjoying her evening - and a pair of boxers I got for her! Perfectly personalized just for Martina!)

No comments:

Post a Comment