Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Long weekend

The kids had a long weekend...  Friday - Teacher work day and Monday - MLK Jr Day.  Honestly, it was a nice weekend... I think we (the kids) needed to slow down a little. 

Friday, I worked and the kids chilled.  Cora ended up having her friend, CiCi over for awhile.  That kept them busy and happy, they were fun.  They talked me into doing a Target run with them... so funny.  It was a good way to end my Friday afternoon. 

Saturday - Kayson had basketball near by in Grimes.  The team did great on Saturday - winning both games.  It was a quick morning there and then the rest of the day was free.  Ryan and I did a Costco run, then he met up with some guys to watch football/basketball.  I stayed home and chilled with the kids, it was so nice!!!

Sunday - two more games for Kayson - and they were wins!  His team ended up winning their bracket, so that was so fun for them!  Of course no one took pictures of the team, cuz I wasn't there.  So frustrating!  But it was good - a good confidence builder for those boys.  Cora had dance, and I just ended up staying home and getting stuff done. 

Monday - free day again.  I didn't have to work, so that was super nice.  We did some stuff around the house, did a few errands while the cleaners came, and just relaxed.  It honestly was great. 

Now it's back to reality!!  Back to basketball daily, back to dance full time and prepping for Barefoot Theater, and just life!  









No comments:

Post a Comment