Monday, January 30, 2023

Life

The last few weeks have seemed difficult...  probably for my kids, but mostly for me.  I've been watching my kids grow up, so dang fast...  that's hard.  I've been watching Cora struggle with her confidence with tumbling and her arm.  I've been hearing Cora cry and be sad and scared about her arm and tumbling.  I've been told that Cora is being bullied at school.  I've been watching Kayson not talk much...  and not seem to care much...  specifically to us, but he's happy around his friends.  That's a hard pill to swallow sometimes. 

All of this has been hard.  I'm tired.  I'm tired of crying.  I'm tired of worrying.  

With all of this, there are things we can try. 

Cora will start physical therapy this week.  This will be PT for her arm, but mostly for her mental state.  I've talked with the PT and their office and explained what's going on...  in hopes that they can help her build that confidence, get some TLC and re-learn that her arm is strong.  I know this is going to be hard, but it's worth a shot.  My fear is we should have done this 3 months ago...  so it may take awhile. 

The bullying. Cora expressed some concern with a group of boys bullying her and her friends at recess.  She's said it a few times, but last week she really said it to me.  She gave me more details, names, what they are doing, etc.  I contacted the Principal.  I don't have time for this... and I need my daughter to feel safe and happy at school - especially at recess.  Dr. Jones was great - he talked to the group of boys, he contacted their parents, he expressed concern to the group of teachers that are outside at recess, etc.  I was pleased.  I pray that this has been handled... I really just want Cora to not have to worry about that. 

And Kayson - The 14 year old boy thing.  He just doesn't say much.  I worry that he's not happy.  I worry that he doesn't try and give his potential.  I'm just worried.  

Things are not easy lately.  I'm trying really hard to give it to God, and just continue to pray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment