Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Cora - Arm - Tumbling = Scared

Well, it's been a long time since Cora got that last cast off... and we were very cautious with it, and told her it was 'ok' to go slow.  Well, we definitely went slow with it.  And now it's time to get back into things - especially tumbling.  Now, we know Cora is not a big tumbler - it's not her favorite (never has been), and now with the arm situation, she's just nervous.  Which I don't blame her.  

Unfortunately, we can't really 'baby' her and it for much longer... we need her to try.  She had a solid 4 weeks over winter break where she did no tumbling and it caught up to her.  Once we were back into the swing of things, she panicked.  She started saying her stomach hurt anytime she needed to go to dance, especially tumbling.  She would get herself so worked up, crying, mad at me, and all the things. 

Last Wednesday, was honestly a terrible day.  She woke up and was instantly off... and she mentioned something about dance. She was off to school, and then when I picked her up, she was upset.  Saying her stomach hurt and she babbled and cried off and on for about 20 minutes.  I tried explaining to her that it was nerves, and that it's ok to be nervous, and Charlee won't push her today... she just needs to try.  This went on for minutes...  getting to the fact that we were going to be late.  She was so mad at me, I made her go.  

We got to dance... and she was still so mad, had tears in her eyes and wouldn't talk to me.  I went in the studio in hopes to talk with Charlee. 

Unfortunately, I had a meltdown.  I think it was the collaboration of Cora being upset and I trying to be strong and teach her life lessons...  and it all came crashing down into tears for me!!  I did end up talking with Charlee - she was very understanding and listened.  She promised she would keep Cora safe and just push her to try... that's really all we need here.  I felt awful leaving there... I was so upset, and I know Cora was too. 

In the end, she did the tumbling class, and tried to get out of some things, but Charlee pushed her and spotted her the whole time.  I know Cora was nervous, but she did it.  We have a very long road ahead of us when it comes to tumbling... 


No comments:

Post a Comment