Sunday, February 28, 2021

Weekend/Last basketball tournament

I know I haven't written much about basketball season...  and going to be honest, it's been rough, ugly and not very much fun for Kayson or us.  Just hasn't been good.  

So this weekend was our last tournament - up in Ames.  There were two games Saturday morning (2 loses) and two games Sunday morning/afternoon (2 loses).  Just not fun.  I feel so bad for the team.  

I know Kayson tried hard...  and yes, things didn't go well for him, or the team a lot of the time.  He'd have several turnovers, then he'd do great...  he wouldn't shoot, then he would (and he'd be successful!), and sometimes he wouldn't.  It's all normal, for 6th grade - I mean, these kids are not getting paid to play and more than likely will not be in the NBA!!  haha.  But at the time, yes, we want them to be happy and win, and it just wasn't happening this season. 


A few pics of the team and friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment