Monday, February 8, 2021

Weekend/Barefoot Theater 2021

It's cold here.  Like terrible cold.  

Friday: We stayed in and did nothing.  Seems to be our normal Friday nights anymore. 

Saturday: BUSY.

Kayson had a basketball tournament in Pella... Ryan and him were off around 7ish, Cora and I took our time, and had planned to drive to Pella for the 2nd and 3rd games.  Unfortunately, it started to snow, and didn't end up stopping all morning.  I'm a freak when it comes to weather/roads, etc...  so I opted to stay home.  I felt bad.  Unfortunately, I didn't miss anything at basketball... the team is struggling, three big losses, and I know Kayson was frustrated.  Just stinks.  Not a fun season for them. 

Cora and I just hung out... we were pretty lazy, but we did some laundry and played some games together, she practiced her dances... it was a pretty nice day. 

Ryan and K got home around 3:30...  then shortly after, Hope and Logan came over.  We hadn't seen them in awhile, and when this Aunt gets a text from her niece saying "I miss you", that's when you plan a pizza night with them.  :)  We ordered pizza, and just hung out.  Good seeing them. 

Sunday:

Sunday school was taught, and then it was a big day for Cora.  CESOD had their 2021 Barefoot Theater.  It's all new to us, but basically what it was - a preview of all the competition dances for the year.  ALL of them - all 71.  Yes, 71.  Cora got all dolled up, looking great, and was ready and anxious.  I knew it would be a long day for her, but she didn't care (at the moment!)  We got to the studio - and off the kids were, then I sat with a few other Petite Moms for 4 hours.  Our butts hurt and we were tired!!! But in the end, Cora's group did so good!!  It was so fun seeing them dance.  It was a good day.  

As we were leaving, I could see it in Cora's eyes - she was slowly melting!!  She was exhausted, and hungry and just out of it.  We fed her (that perked her up), and she was in bed around 8.  Sleeping 12 hours.  GOOD GIRL.  

This is just a preview of what we will experience this year...  It's a lot, and I'm not quite sure if I'm ready for it, but it'll be good.  












No comments:

Post a Comment