Monday, March 23, 2020

Work from Home/No School/COVID-19 - Week 1

Well, it's the official start of Week 1 of working from home and no official school.  #supersadface
So far, Monday has been ok...  the kids did well for me this morning.  They didn't fight doing some math work and also read for me really well.  Honestly, that seems like a huge success.  But it's only day 1!  I just hope I can keep that routine. 

The afternoons are a little harder.  I'm still needing to work, and stay focused...  and I need the kids to do something.  So... on our loose schedule is doing some outside time, if possible, exercising/dance/basketball/playing catch, that type of thing.  Then also more reading... and Hope sent us a link for virtual field trips.  We'll try that.  Then we talked about having Kayson do some research projects - like on cool topics, and write about them, etc.  

There's a lot to do there, a lot to learn, a lot to get used to. Our kids are such routine kids, that I'm so scared this is going to just change them forever!!!!  Unfortunately, I'm afraid that the April 13 time to go back to school will not happen... I think it'll be much later, or school will just be cancelled in general.  I'm scared of that, and the whole thing is just unsettling.  Praying like crazy that God has an answer here. 

Since our weekends are now exactly like our regular days...  I'll just post when I can and when I have something 'exciting'.  I do continue to take pictures... but they all seem to be about the same now.  :(










My new workspace - dining room table, with Boomer on my lap

No comments:

Post a Comment