Monday, March 23, 2020

Boomer - 4 months old!!

March 21 was Boom's 4 month birthday!  Funny, I know, but I'm going to try to keep better track of what this pup is doing!!

Today he went back to the vet for his last set of puppy shots.  With this COVID-19 pandemic going on, I had to stay in my car... a tech came and got him, took him in, did their thing... and brought him back.  Not exactly how I like to do things with the guy!  

His stats: 9 lbs. 1 oz.  (big boy!)  He's grown about 2.5 lbs!!
Dr. Merk was pleased... glad he is growing, was so sweet for her!    We can switch to regular puppy food, so we'll be doing that this week.  Overall, good visit and next up is neuter!

Anyway, he's still very busy.  I mean - BUSY.  Into everything still, but I think now he's finally learned that he's NOT SUPPOSED to, but he still does!  ha.  So... now we work on getting him to just not do it!  

He's sweet.  Oh very sweet.  When he's tired - he's TIRED.  He lays on his side or his back sometimes, all spread out.  He looks huge when he does that.  So funny.  He loves laps, especially mine, which I enjoy when it's late at night and we aren't doing anything!

His paw pads seem huge, compared to Q & M.  So really interested in how big he will actually get.  

He has really learned to play fetch, which is fun.  And he does pretty darn well on walks (when the kids aren't with me!)  He gets a little distracted by them.  I've got him listening to these commands when we are walking - 'stop', 'wait' and 'free'.  I'd really like to work on him sitting when we stop at a corner, so we'll see... and in addition, anytime we see a dog, I'm going to start having him 'stop'.  Definitely a lot, but he's getting there for being only 4 months old.  

I love him, a lot... and he's going to be a great addition to our family.




No comments:

Post a Comment