Monday, January 20, 2020

Weekend - 4 days!

Well, the kids and I ended up having a 4-day weekend. 
Friday we got a pretty big snow storm, and originally the kids didn't have school that day (for a teacher work day), but then with the storm, BTB was closed too.  So... I worked from home, and the kids were home.  I worked nearly 6 hours... then those last couple hours, I had to keep them busy and off their electronics.  Cora actually did awesome all day.  But regardless, I 'quit' work about 1:30 and the kids and I went outside for a bit (it was freezing), but I snow blowed the drive way, they played in the snow... it was a good couple hours.  
We put together a puzzle... and just hung out.  It was a really nice afternoon with them. 

Friday night we made supper, then had a movie night.  All of us snuggled up in the basement and watched 'Overcomer'.  Wow - what a great movie.  K and I both cried!! 


Saturday:
We slept in quite a bit...  super cold out and icy!!  But we still had basketball!  
We headed out...  had a pretty good afternoon of ball, then home for the afternoon and evening.  We made homemade pizzas, and just hung out.  

Sunday:
We had basketball again... just one game, as we lost.  So it was a short day on the courts. 
Mike and JeanAnn made the trek in the cold weather...  we grabbed lunch out, and then we were home again.  Just too cold to do anything!  I know the kids are irritated with the weather!

Monday - MLK Jr Day.
I had the day off, and kids were off from school, but they had BTB, and I sent them!  They needed a day away from home!  I did a bunch of errands, and had a super great lunch with Lacey.  I so needed that.  


This girl is a pro at LEGOS!

She loves her Ashton Drake doll, Katie


Proof I snow blowed the driveway!

Kayson thought it was amazing how far the snow went!




No comments:

Post a Comment