Monday, October 7, 2019

Weekend

What a weekend...  busy, non stop, and we are exhausted.

Friday - Miles for Maple Grove, then Ryan got home from week 1 of being gone.  He needed to mow, so we ordered pizza... and tried to relax a little.  Then we all went to Sam's Club to get a few things... hadn't been in the car as a family in weeks.  Sad.

Saturday - Ryan went back to work...  I knew he would, it's just that time of year.  I try to be supportive, but it's hard sometimes!  The kids and I got ready for the day, then went out to church for the Annual Craft Sale.  Ryan met us out there... the men of the church were serving lunch...  the kids and I browsed for a while...  ate lunch out there, then ended up going home.  They were getting bored.

Saturday afternoon we watched the Iowa game a little... and just hung out.  Cora played so well - I mean, the best she's played by herself in months.  She played in her room for hours - with no iPad, it was amazing!

Saturday night I took K over to Caleb's - a spur of the moment sleep over at his house, with Hud too.  I know the kids had fun... and am so thankful for their little friendship and the parents too.  Meanwhile at home, we hung out some more... and then Cora and I watched a little bit of a movie, before I needed to get her to bed.  She was tired... from all that imaginary playing!  :)

Sunday - our really busy day.  We were busy from 8:30 til about 6:45!!
Church - we took all the boys to church...  and they loved it.  I was so thrilled.  Hud and Caleb are such good kids.  We dropped them off at home after church...

then off to meet Blair, Martina, kids, JeanAnn and Mike for lunch.  Quick, simple lunch... 

then off to go home for a little bit.  Carter White came over for awhile as his parents had stuff going on... so him and K played video games... Cora played again, so well.  I got groceries really quick.

then off to Flag FB.  Practice first, then a game...  and it was a great game.  So much stuff happening - Kayson did awesome, was fun watching him.  But I have to say - I'm not really into the watching of the games... ha.  It's kind of like a relaxed football game in the backyard with friends.  It's fun and I'm so glad they are doing it... but it's just not a big deal.  (I probably shouldn't be like that!)  Regardless, Sunday's game was fun! 

then off to have supper with a few of the football friends/families.  They are our Aces baseball friends, and we just haven't really seen them in awhile... so figured it would be good to grab supper.  With the big group, it always takes forever, but overall it was good.  Cora lost her mind near the end of supper... so we just scooted home and got her to bed by 7:20.  K was tired too... bed at 8:30. 

It was a good weekend... now onto another week of Ryan being gone. 
Cora taking care of Holden


No comments:

Post a Comment