Friday, March 1, 2019

Cora - another update

My life of keeping things straight!
I always wonder - why do I spend so much time on this blog, writing and babbling...  well I know the answer.  Ryan and I were wondering Cora's symptoms when she had Influenza B 2 years ago... and all I had to do was search for that and got all my answers.  It's been helpful... and like I said to Ryan - we can just go back and read and look at pictures so quickly.  And maybe some day our kids will read all my babbles. :)  I love you kids!!

SO... Thursday.
I slept in Cora's room Wednesday night... after her dry heaving, and being so lethargic, I just was nervous, and really we are so used to having our own space at night - she seemed perfectly fine with me being in her room. Bless her heart.

Anyway... she slept, and slept great.  She seemed a little restless about 5 am, but then slept til about 7:30 Thursday morning.  She woke with a smile and seemed good.  No fever, said everything felt fine. 

We took our time... she layed around and then eventually had some toast and water.  Most of the morning she was good...  more talkative then yesterday, which was nice.  I did give her a bath too - just thinking that would help too...  she enjoyed that.

More laying around... then she ate some more toast for lunch and some applesauce.  She said it tasted good, and was fine.  However, shortly after that - she seemed really tired.  (which makes sense obviously).  She also has big bags under her eyes, and kind of looks terrible actually. 

She rested... 2.5 hours!!  Which obviously was needed.  She woke pretty happy...  still kind of looking rough, but overall - seemed good.  Again, talkative, a little silly. 

By Thursday evening she was good... didn't eat much, but she was feisty, danced around a little...

She had trouble falling asleep Thursday night (which kind of surprised me), but we think her mind was just racing - and now that she was feeling better, she just couldn't relax.  She cried a little... talked about missing Grandma Cheryl... and just couldn't relax.  Poor thing.  She rocked with Daddy, and we just took our time with her...  eventually she slept.

Friday morning (today) - she was loud, obnoxious and ready for school.  ha.  Makes me laugh.  Watch out Mrs. Ziemke's class!  Hopefully she does well today... I'm sure she'll be wiped out, but glad we have the weekend to recoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment