Friday, March 15, 2019

Kayson - STEAM Tech Fair 2019

About a month ago... maybe... Kayson and his friend Hudsen came home all excited that they were going to participate in a Technology Fair at school.  At that point I had no idea what it was... and really didn't think much of it.
As the weeks went by... they met up a couple times to 'work on their project'... again, I never really asked questions, just kind of went with the flow.  Not once did I even ask if they needed my help!  ha.  Great Mom.

Anyway...  last week the project was 'due'.  At that time, I finally got some more information -- this was open for the 3rd, 4th and 5th graders, and they needed to come up with something techy and something they did on their own.  Well that was a success for sure for K and Hud - not one ounce of help from their parents!

So... the project was submitted... and this past Tuesday everyone's project was judged.  This apparently is a big deal - and you could possibly go to State for this.  Again, shocking.  Anyway...  the kids said they did really well and they would just wait.  Tuesday night we (as parents) could go and see all the different projects that the kids did... there were 30+ projects.  (K and Hud's was #30!)  Only 6 get to move onto State.  Anyway, we walked around the Library and Computer labs to see all the different projects... and wow - some smart kiddos!  There were some really cool things, and you could tell some were over the top!  Both Jen and I left there thinking - 'Eh... not sure our kiddos will make it further based on the other projects.' 

And boy were we wrong!!  Thursday at school the 6 projects were named that move on to State... and Kayson and Hudsen's made it!!  They were SOO pumped... and I was so darn proud.  Oh my gosh.  I can't believe it!! 

So they'll go to Ames/ISU campus for State on April 25...  (again, that's all I know at this point), but we are super proud of those boys!!






No comments:

Post a Comment