Monday, March 4, 2019

Weekend

Friday:
Cora made it through the day at school... had a good day.  Thank the Lord! 
Friday night Kayson went to baseball, then stayed the night with Hudsen, just for fun.  So we didn't see him at all... I love that he has friends and does fun things, but man - by Saturday morning, I was missing him.

Friday night we had planned to do a quick dinner out...  so Mike and JeanAnn came up and spent a couple hours with Cora.  I'm glad it worked out.  It had been a super long week... and we just needed a break.  They had a good time too.

Saturday:
Up and at em...  seems like it was a busy day.

Saturday morning Cora, Ryan and I went out to the church.  I'm going to start teaching Sunday School with Holly, and the classroom we are taking over - needed some cleaning!  There is a cabinet in there that was full... of old stuff... and old markers, etc.  We cleaned it all out... and it feels much better! 

Back home... and we just did this and that.  House work, laundry.  Kayson came home from Hummel's around 11:30...  again, missed him!!!  He was forced to hang out with us for awhile... then off he went to play the PS4. 

Saturday afternoon, Cora attended and participated in the Waukee Dance Team Spring Show.  Separate post on that.  But it went well, and she did great.

Saturday night - home and just hung out.  Ryan was super lazy.  I was bored out of my mind.  It was a long night of nothing. I think we are all ready for the cold weather to go away.  I'm over it. 

Sunday:
Church.
Meanwhile at church, Cora started acting weird.  Looked super tired and was somber... she then complained that her ear hurt.  OMG.  I figured she got an ear infection from all the stuff she had last week...  cuz we know stuff like that can change in a day, or minute it seems.  She was tired... and super sad.  We got home - she cried and cried and said she was so tired. 

I gave her a little Motrin, then rubbed Melaleuca oil on her ear.  She rested for about an hour and a half.  She woke and seemed good... said her ear didn't hurt any more.  We just took it easy... she eventually played pretty well, and by supper time she seemed good...  no complaining.  So I'm unsure what that was all about - maybe fluid in her ear?  But... we continued with the Melaleuca and a little Motrin.  Crossing our fingers.

So that was our weekend...  busy, exhausting, but also a little boring!  I'm mentally wiped out still from such a crazy, crappy week last week.  Ryan is now heading to Nebraska - 7 hours away... for this week and nearly all of next week.  I hate when he's gone like this... and he was less than thrilled to be heading out too.  I pray so hard for a smooth, healthy week. 

A few pics.
 
How did he get so big!?

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment