Sunday, May 6, 2018

Weekend

We had a free weekend... no baseball!
Friday:
We stayed home... Ryan mowed, we played outside which included the kids thinking it was 'so hot' that they needed their swim gear on!  They played in the water a little... and had fun.  We then ordered pizza and had a nice night. 

Saturday:
A day at home.  I originally really wanted to get to Clarion, as we haven't been up there in a super long time, but it just didn't work for everyone.  Jill's were busy, Tricia was busy, and Dad was in the field.  Really bummed me out actually, but oh well.  Hopefully a few of them can get to Kayson's baseball next weekend.  
So... we just hung out most of the day...  I did some errands which included getting more summer clothes for the kids.  Reason being - I went through dresser drawers to prep (or add) to the garage sale pile, and all of the sudden, Kayson had like 3 pairs of shorts!!!  Cora needed some shorts too... and summer shoes (which were a fail), but I got a few things accomplished.  Ryan and the kids went out the church for a bit while Ryan did the money there...  

Then Saturday afternoon K got his hairs cut, then we went to watch Duke play baseball.  He was near by, and it was a beautiful day.  We watched him for a couple games... not very exciting ball there, which was a bummer for Duke, but oh well.  We got to spend some time with Niky, Britt and Scott.  The boys talked, Kayson watched Duke (and played a little), I got to talk with Niky and Britt for a good while... Niky and I had some good talks, and Cora played, ate, danced, and played some more.  We were all beat at 7:30!


Sunday:
Another perfect weather day!  Bout time!
I did wake in tears tho... literally.  I opened my eyes, being woke up by both kids early... and I just started crying.  I miss my Mom so damn much today.  The tears just fell all day...  just achy all day...  Nothing really triggered it, but anything I heard, or did, or watched the kids do --- then I would cry.  I want her here.  I want here here to be with us, and see my kids.  It just was a hard day.  
BUT - the weather helped, so we were able to be outside...  and that did help.  Cora had a rough day too - which continued from Friday (she had a terrible day at school).  Listening is pretty much not happening for her, which is very frustrating...  and she just is talking back all the time.  Another big frustration.  
Anyway, it was an 'all emotional' day for me.  I'm wiped out!

Here are a few pics from the weekend. 
Here's to a new day tomorrow... and new ears for Cora. 



Kids watching Duke bat



Cousins rock.  Britt, Cora, Duke, K
 

No comments:

Post a Comment