Thursday, May 10, 2018

Cora - Kindergarten Camp

Tonight was a big night for about 125 soon to be Kindergartners at Maple Grove!
Kindergarten Camp was tonight. 

Cora and I went, as Ryan and Kayson had baseball practice.  Cora played on the playground for awhile... I mingled a little - talked with Nikki, Mrs. Flack (K's teacher) and a few other moms that I kind of know. 
At about 5:50, we headed inside...  parents to the gym and the kiddos to different Kindergarten classrooms.  Side note - this is where I worried.  We know Cora, and if Cora doesn't want to do something - she won't.  She had told us earlier in the week that "she wanted me to come with her" to the classrooms.  I was worried she'd throw a fit right there... but she didn't.  She did look a little hesitant, but she went... and following, she told me she had fun and liked it.  WHEW.  :)

Anyway, the parents shifted through 4 different 'stations' - talking with the principal and another teacher, then to the school nurse, secretary and beyond the bell program.  Yes, I was completely aware of everything they talked about... but it was important that Cora was there.  Plus it's just nice to be there and part of that school.  They are such good people/teachers. 

Following those stations, we then met the kiddos back out on the playground.  Cora was playing on the play set, and was excited to see me.  I was convinced she would be standing by the door waiting for me...  I was wrong.  Which thrills me!  ha. 



No comments:

Post a Comment