Sunday, May 13, 2018

Weekend - Mother's Day

Friday:
I had a super busy week at work... and Ryan had staff training.  Just busy. Friday night we ordered pizza and stayed in.  I was overwhelmed from work... and just 'stuff', so we just had a quiet night.

Saturday:

More baseball...  but to spice things up, the weather was a mess.  Crappy - rainy, windy, cold... yuk.  We were supposed to play at 9am, but when we got there, it was still raining pretty hard... so games were delayed.  Trish, Hope and my Dad drove down (as Dad couldn't be in the field, and Trish was free)... so awesome having them here, but bummer the weather couldn't have been better.  
So while we passed the time... we went to HyVee and had a little more breakfast.  Then we went to Bass Pro Shops and walked around there for an hour!  We played the 'shooting game'... I have no idea what it's called, but it was fun.  Even got Papa to do it.  :)  It was a good three hours... but just made for a longer day!

Finally at noon, we started playing ball.  It was a good two games... wins for both.  Boys did well, just cold!  Kayson didn't hit the ball... again... gotta get him more confident!! 

We finally got home around 4:00ish... I think.  We were all tired.  Wow.  It sure does take a lot out of us!  We just hung out... did a little laundry, and bed was super early.  Cora fell asleep on the couch at about 7:30 (can't remember the last time she did that!), and Kayson asked to go to bed at 7:45. DONE!

Since they were in bed so early, I decided to finally watch "A Dog's Purpose". Oh boy...  so many tears!!  What a good little movie. 

Sunday:
Happy Mother's Day.  Another tough day over the past couple weeks...  but like I've said before, and last year... I'm lucky. I'm blessed with the two beautiful kiddos that we have.  They are pretty darn awesome, and I'm thankful for that.  I still hurt tho... and still miss my Mom.  But I know she's watching over us (and my sisters and Dad)...  and she's proud of us.  I know it. 

We were up early, as K's baseball team had a game at 8.  YUK!  ha.  So the 2nd day of the tournament... and our first game was a loss, so therefore, we were done.  Huge bummer.  The team we played could HIT THE BALL!  Wow.  And we couldn't.  It just wasn't meant to be today!

So...  we headed back home, and we had a really nice day.  When we got home, I layed on the couch and snoozed... at like 10:15.  ha I never do that.  Then we went to El Rodeo for lunch, which was yummy.  Back home and we just hung out most of the day.  Ryan and K got groceries for me, which was great.  I made a yummy supper... and that was our day.  

Lots of pics from the weekend. 











 
and my Ashley graduated from college!  YEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment