Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas #5 - Hardy family

Around 1:30 pm Christmas Day we got in the car... headed to Clarion.  Typically we stay home all day - just us...  and last year we realized we get a little bored, and I'm not a big cook - so I don't cook anything 'fun' for us 4!!  Oops...  so we decided to try going to Clarion on Christmas Day. 
I think it went well...  we got to the farm around 3:30...  and everyone was there (minus Eden - who's in Hawaii with her boyfriend and family).  

We hung out... visited... played...  hollered at Cora for being obnoxious (she was obviously feeling better!!)  We had soups for supper, which was super yummy.  Santa came to Papa's too... and then we do the cousin gift exchange too.  So the kiddos each got 2 gifts... perfect.  :)  Not much to bring home!!

We ended up spending the night...  which was actually ok.  The kids slept pretty well, thank god.  We got up this morning and just hung out a bit... then got on the road around 10:30 - stopped at the cemetery, and man the tears fell.  Gosh, it just hurts... all the time.  I wish Mom could have been with us. 

Overall, a really nice visit with my family.  Dad seemed good...  but I do wish my kiddos would 'love' on him more.  They never really have... and Dad really hasn't ever been that type.  So, I know it's ok - and I know they love him... so I guess that's all that matters.  


Birthday boy!
What would I do without my sisters?!




and Kayson LOVES Cocoa!
We made a calendar for Dad - he loved it.




No comments:

Post a Comment