Tuesday, December 5, 2017

"I miss Grandma"

"I miss Grandma" is a phrase we have been hearing for a couple months now... from miss Cora. About 2 months ago (at the year mark of Mom being gone and me potentially being a mess from time to time), Cora had a rough couple nights...  Crying at bedtime, and in the morning as well - explaining she missed Grandma. 

The first couple times she expressed her thoughts, I no doubt expressed mine - which was a little shock, tears and many MANY squeezes to her comforting her.  This continued for weeks...  every night she would tear up, and tell me she missed Grandma.  Soon enough, I figured it out - (and I hate to say or think of it this way), but worried she was 'making this up' to get a reaction out of me...  but then again, she would genuinely show concern and be upset. 

Anyway, we have talked about this so many times... and have started to just pray about it together.  (I don't know what else to do!)  I just explain to Cora that if we pray for Grandma then our hurt and tears will ease a little... but we will always miss her.  She'll always be a part of our lives. 

Moving on...  Cora still expresses her thoughts at bedtime, but it hasn't been as frequent lately.  But last night - she got upset again.  She said to me - "I miss Grandma... will you tell me a story about her?"  *insert sigh and heart breaking 

I went on to tell her that we should pray and that Grandma loved bedtime (and morning too).  She had such soft hands that would rub mine and my sisters backs to wake us up... with a sweet voice telling us it's time to get up.  Mom was so gentle... and sweet. 

I think that helped Cora... she liked that story, which warmed my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment