Monday, July 24, 2017

Weekend

Our weekend was nice...  we were home, and nothing too packed.

Friday I hosted a Wildtree freezer meal party...  4 friends (Dr. Alex, Dr. Kim, Jess and Jamie) showed up and we all had a very nice time.  I felt overwhelmed by my super busy week (at work, and being solo-mom), but in the end, it worked out.  Each of us have 10 new meals to try.

Friday night, while the party was going on - Haley joined Ryan, Kayson and Cora in the basement to play.  They did awesome... and stuck around after the party was over.  We chatted for a long time... super nice to get to know Jamie even better.
C, Haley & K
Saturday the kids slept til 9:00.  WHAT!??!  It was great.
We ended up going to Lifetime pool and hung out with Jess, Lex and their kiddos...  All the kids did amazing, we used our membership and the weather was great actually!  Good fun, and absolutely exhausted afterwards!

Saturday night Mike and JeanAnn came to hang out for a bit...  just visited, and grabbed some supper out.  Was a nice, quiet evening.

And Sunday we did church...  groceries, errands... and that's about it.  Ryan and Cora rested - I wish I could do that.  It was a super quiet day. 
Kids made a fort

We did a craft.
Speaking of sleeping...  Cora's been struggling.  Bedtime has been ok, we have our moments still, but over the past 9-10 days, she's been waking around midnight or 1:00 in the morning upset...  crying.  I have chalked it up to bad dreams...  sometimes she falls back to sleep, but the last 3 nights, she's been waking and not being able to fall back to sleep.  Really struggling.  I have little patience at 1:00 in the morning, especially when I then have a very hard time getting back to sleep... I typically go to the couch, cuz my hubs is snoring like crazy! 

So... last night was particularly hard.  It was like I had a newborn for awhile... and then I personally was a newborn.  It went something like this:
  • 11:30 pm - I wake to Ryan's snoring...  I went to the couch.
  • 11:35 pm - Cora comes to the couch telling me she needed to give me a hug.  OMG
  • From 11:40 pm until about 1:20 am - she came out of her room at least 5 times either upset or just telling me she can't sleep.  I laid in her bed a couple times, patting her; we rocked in the chair a little...  a ginormous struggle.  Finally I put some Lavender oils on her chest... and she eventually slept (but that was about 2:00 am)
  • 2:00 am - I slept on the couch until about 3:25 - I wake to a smoke detector chirping.  Again, OMG.  It chirped about every 7 minutes... and then it would stop, but then start up again.  I tried waking Ryan... no go.  And Murphy could hear the chirp, so he was up and wanted to be next to me.  So we laid on the could listening to that, dozing in and out... until about 5:30 am - Ryan woke and finally fixed the detector.  UGH.  I slept hard from 5:40 til about 6:30.  Yea me.
Anyway, super bad night --- and not sure what's happening with Cora.  I'm going to try the Lavender again on her chest and feet, and see what happens...  I just feel like something is waking her (as she's a super light sleeper)...   It's either that, or we shorten those afternoon naps.  Which we can... just don't really want to!  ha.  #selfishmomma

No comments:

Post a Comment