Monday, July 24, 2017

Cora - Dentist

Unfortunately, Cora's first trip to the dentist is not the best outcome. 

Last week, she complained of her cheek hurting.  I did kind of brush it off... then she complained the next day as well.  I looked and saw a chip in her back, bottom left molar - a small one on the corner of her tooth.  We talked about it just a little (I didn't want her to freak out or make a huge deal about it), but Ryan looked at it when he got back from traveling, and we called the dentist.

This morning (her very first time at the dentist) - we had to do an X-ray, and Dr. Copley said there's a cavity!!  *insert heart break here  Super bummed... and I feel bad.  I know we didn't do anything wrong, we didn't 'fail' her, it just happened... but it still really REALLY stinks!! 

After another quick look and a discussion, we'll be going back next week to get the cavity cleaned out and filled.  A process for a little girl, in my opinion. 

Positive note - she did do well - no crying, but she was super shy...  BUT she did everything the hygienist asked her to.  I know Cora was nervous... but I'm super proud of her.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment