Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Cora - 2 Years 8 Months

Cora's over the 2 1/2 year mark...  she'll be three before we know it, and it makes me SO crazy sad.  HOWEVER, at the same time - I want her to grow out of the stage/phase she's in right now.  PLEASE tell me that will happen!
  • She's struggling at bedtime now.  This is new - probably about a week or two new.  We do our same routine - bath around 7ish, give or take, then kisses/hugs (which takes a good 5 minutes), then we read books.  We typically read about 3 books.  We turn off the lamp, turn on night light and 'panda' (plays quiet music)... and then we lay her down.  Now - when Ryan puts her to bed - she doesn't make a peep, she keeps fairly quiet.  When I put her to bed - she throws a fit, screams and cries.  Those things have always been this way...  but the last week or so, she's been laying in there (after her fits) just talking and singing to herself.  Yah, that's fine - but she's not really falling asleep until well-past 8:30.  Ryan and I talked tonight --- we may just have to push her bedtime back.  I HATE that, only b/c she has trouble getting up, and I truly think she's tired at 7:30.  (and not just cuz we are arguing and experiencing meltdowns!).  So... we'll see what happens.  This will be a 'be continued...' moment, I'm sure. 
  • Diapers - size 5. 
  • Pottying - she's doing well.  She seems to actually stay dry and go potty 2 or 3 times at daycare.  Other times, she's wet.  Tonight she actually told me she needed to poop - and she went in the potty!  I may have did a happy dance!  :)  I was pretty darn excited for her.  She kept saying "Good job Cora May!!"
  • Shoes - size 7 or 8, depends on brand.
  • Clothes - 4T tops, 3T bottoms.  
  • She's feisty, there is NO DOUBT about that.  She knows she's cute, she knows she'll get her way (95% of the time), and she knows how to push my buttons.  But man, when we do have quiet time, and she's being 'nice', she's SOOO enjoyable, and I just want to eat her up. 
  • She uses her imagination a lot...which I love.  She talks to herself a lot.  She 'reads' to herself a lot too.  
  • She can ride her little trike we have...  she pushes the pedals about half the time, but does like it.  (More than Kayson ever did!)
  • She has a new passion for Murphy.  She likes Quincy too, but is always concerned about where Murphy is, what he's doing and wanting to take him outside.  It's pretty sweet, but the dogs are pretty timid around her - she's rough!!  I don't blame them.  
  • Car rides are still a struggle.  She's pretty decent for me from daycare to school - I may or may not get a shoe thrown at me during that time.  Either way, she's pretty bossy during the short time - wanting a song, wanting her window down, wanting a mint.  You name it.  (I can't wait to have a conversation about her day for once).  Once we have Kayson with us - she's usually pretty naughty for me.  Even when Ryan is in the car - she's not the best.  She's definitely not a fan of being strapped down.  ha.

My guess is in 4 short months - most of this stuff won't really change, but I felt I needed to write some of this stuff down.  

1 comment:

  1. I bet in 4 months alot of this will change! I know we just talked about bedtime a month ago and it has changed since that talk! Piper goes to bed better now that we put her in a big girl bed, which I TOTALLY didn't want! It will get better!

    ReplyDelete