Tuesday, February 24, 2015

This & That

  • I failed to mention in our trip to KC -- that Ryan was diagnosed with Shingles last week.  Yes, shingles - and it's terrible for him.  I feel terrible... he's uncomfortable, and in pain.  We hope to see some much improvement by this weekend, but the doctor said it could be more than two weeks before he feels much relief.  :(  (he was a huge trooper this weekend while we were away, and in the car so much, and in uncomfortable bleachers!)
  • It's cold here.  I mean, cold - no getting over freezing for weeks.  NO FUN!  We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow...  I'm so ready for Spring, and at least be outside a little! 
  • I'm missing Martina, Blair and the kiddos.  Martina and I talk quite a bit still - almost daily and I love getting pics of the kids from her, etc.  Thank goodness for technology!  We hope to see them very soon.
  • With the cold weather (and potentially not taking all that great care of myself... maybe?!?), my finger nails are SHOT.  Oh they are terrible, embarrassing.  I better do something about that!
  • The kids are doing well...
    • Cora has had a cough/snotty nose for about a week, and it seemed to be better last Friday, but man, this morning - she was hacking pretty good!  It's definitely 'loosened up', so maybe we are at the end.
    • Kayson's good - no cold anymore, and no cough.  YEA! 
    • They still are fighting over the iPad and now my Kindle.  (How in the world did they both figure out how to use that as well?!?!)  Amazing.  I do believe we may have to bite the bullet and get each of them something of their own someday... which I know is not ideal, and they can just live with how it is now... but...?
  • We are officially in 'basement' talk!  FINALLY!  We have a couple contractors coming out in the next week or so to meet with us and give us some ideas/layouts/and of course, PRICES!  ha.  I'm excited though.  We are staying, so let's make this house more of a home and have more livable space.  It'll be great for us.   More to come on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment