Sunday, February 22, 2015

KU Jayhawks - Get Away

One of Ryan's Christmas gifts from me was tickets to a KU Jayhawks BBall game.  Ryan's been a fan forever, as long as I've known him... and he's never been to a game in Lawrence.  I made it happen!  and was thrilled - especially since he was really looking forward to it!

Saturday morning, K and I got his hair cut first thing... then back to the house so the kids could hang with Papa Mike and Grandma JeanAnn for the day.  We got on the road by 10ish.  A smooth drive down... enjoying the music, conversation... and no "Mom" or "Dad" for 3.5 hours.  :)  

My sister, Trish, and niece, Hope, came and stayed with the kids later that afternoon.  They originally were going to have them the whole time, but Trish coaches AAU VB, and had a tournament, so she was busy most of the day... but it still worked out that she got to stay with them. 

Anyway, we made it the University...  got to utilize a Park and Ride shuttle to Allen Fieldhouse, which was perfect - so easy, so smooth!  Once inside Allen Fieldhouse, we just walked around...  this is where basketball started - it's SO popular there, so we enjoyed the scenery a little, then went into the stadium to find out seats.  Unfortunately, our seats were much further away than I thought.  (Hard to tell when I was buying them)... BUT - it was good too.  I mean, we didn't know what to expect, we were together and ready to enjoy the game!  We had a GREAT time...  I really enjoyed it, and so did Ryan.  We are already talking that we will try to make this a yearly thing, and bring Kayson next year!

Following the game, we took the shuttle back to the truck... and headed to our hotel, which was in KC (right in the Legend's area).  We got settled, and changed... then had a nice dinner out.  After that, we went to visit Ryan's Uncle Todd and his family - they live just about 10 miles from where our hotel was, so it was a quick drive.  We enjoyed about 3 hours with them and their great kids - just talking and laughing!  It was a great visit.  Then 11:00 hit... and man, I was WIPED OUT!  We headed back... and crashed!!!

We slept in today...  which was nice, a nice change.  We enjoyed a nice breakfast out, then we headed home.  I'm not going to lie - I was sleepy, so I snoozed quite a bit on the ride home... oops! 

Tricia and Hope had a great time with the kids... telling us some fun stories, which I love.  I love knowing the kids had fun and were comfortable with their grandparents and Aunt.  I also just love knowing everything they did...  it's just fun!

The rest of our Sunday was basketball for Kayson - I stayed home and started laundry...  got groceries, and ordered pizza.  It was a super weekend, and I'm very glad we made this happen.  

Waiting for the game to start!

The court...  awesome!
GO JAYHAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment