Friday, February 20, 2015

Cora - 2 1/2 Years Old

It's crazy to think how much Cora has changed over the past month... and then to think that she's already 'officially' 2 1/2 years old.  CRAZY! 

This morning, she asked Ryan - "Am I your Princess?!?"  ha.  This cracks me up...  for several reasons.  She's a talker - I mean, this girl talks ALL THE TIME!  And second, she knows, I means KNOWS how to schmooze her Daddy.  ha.  It's hilarious.  (and she knows how to push my buttons).
  • Wearing all 4T tops and mostly 3T bottoms.   She needs the bigger tops cuz she's got a long torso (so shirts sit short on her and don't cover her booty), and she's got short legs.  (Complete opposite of Kayson!)
  • Shoes - she's in 8s I think.  We haven't had to buy shoes in awhile, but once it's warm - we are shoe shopping!  :)
  • Daycare is working on potty training.  She's somewhat interested, but I think she just thinks it's 'fun' to sit on the potty.  We aren't pushing it, but I anticipate in the next month, we'll see more improvement and will get on it more.  (Diapers - size 5, but could easily wear 6). 
  • She loves to have her hair blow dried after bath...  she hops up on her stool, turns the blow dryer on... and let's me 'play' with her hair.  It's so fun, and sweet.  And 90% of the time when we are done - she says, "I so pretty!" 
  • Eating - still a rollercoaster diet, however, according to daycare, she eats every meal there (sometimes seconds) - minus veggies (doesn't eat ONE bite of veggies).  So it's hit or miss if she eats for us at night time.  Typical.
  • She can be SO shy at times (with other people around - whether it's other family or sitters), but she's definitely not shy with us, in her own home. 
  • Cora has gotten really good (which is not a good thing) at talking back... or more telling me/us "No" or "RIGHT NOW".  Those are her famous words lately.  I picked her up from daycare a couple weeks ago and another little girl was saying those same things...  hmmm... wonder where she gets it.  :)
  • She still loves music...  loves to dance, loves to sing... and loves to tell us to "turn it up!"
  • Back to talking all the time.  She's very clear at her words... she talks way better than Kayson ever did at this age, and better than some 3 1/2 year olds (I've noticed).  She talks the entire time she's at the table to eat (whether she's eating or not).  She's either singing, making fun of Kayson, or getting Kayson to laugh, or asking about what she can do next.  Her mind is always going!
  • If she's tired and crabby, she wants her blanket. 
  • She sleeps super well - asleep around 7:45 every night... and we wake her at 6:30.  On the weekends, she'll sometimes sleep til 7:30, but not always...  pretty inconsistent when she's used to being woke on the weekdays.  She does smash her face up against her crib bars, which I find funny.  (still in a crib... and will be for awhile!)
  • "I do it myself" is another famous phrase for Cora.  And she will - or she will at least try.  She's stubborn, but also just independent. 


6 months old...  my, how much she has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment