Sunday, October 5, 2014

Weekend

It's been another busy weekend... of being gone.  Unfortunately, at this point, I can't go into all the details of our weekend, but I'll tell some of it.  

Friday evening we met Mike and JeanAnn in Dexter - at a little bar/restaurant called the Rusty Duck.  YUMMY food!  They were going to take the kids for the evening.  It was a nice supper... then we all were on our way.  

Saturday morning the kids played at Papa and Grandma's for the day until Blair's family came... more playing I'm sure!  Meanwhile, Ryan and I were on the road for some 'business'.  (More to come I'm sure on that... but hush for now.  Sorry.)

We were gone all day - 8am til about 4pm.  We got back to DSM... picked up the dogs, then headed down to Creston.  Ryan's Aunt and Uncle were in a for a surprise that evening... the family was throwing a 25th Wedding Anniversary get together for them.  We met up around 6:30...  lots of friends and family joined us... then Bill and Joni arrived... and they were shocked!!!  It was SUCH a great response from them!  Suprises are great (when they aren't for me!!!)  ha.  Anyway, we hung out for several hours...  Cora soon was whiny and rubbing her eyes pretty hard.  I took her back to the house around 9ish...  Ryan and Kayson stuck around... not getting back til 10:30.  K was a tired boy!!  But he was having fun. 

Again... the kids slept weird...  I guess weird is the best word.  Cora moans and falls off the blow up bed we use for her.  Kayson had dreams that woke him to tears and being scared.  I mean, really!!??  We haven't had a 'smooth/quiet' nights sleep at someone else's house... ever.  ha.  Anyway, this morning we just hung out... had a great lunch, then headed back home.  It was nice to have our afternoon - laundry, groceries and a nice supper was had...  And kids were in bed right on normal time.  

We are all tired.  I'm ready for a good nights sleep and a fresh start to the week.  

I only have a picture of Cora - Kayson just isn't interested in pics lately.  :(
Hands on her hips and everything...  oh boy.
Congrats to Bill and Joni!

No comments:

Post a Comment