Friday, October 10, 2014

Week is over!

I can't believe it's Friday already...  why in the world do the days go so fast!?  We are just flying through life anymore.  

We've had a pretty good week.  Ryan did some commuting this week for work, so he was at least home a little.  

Kayson had a busy week at school.  Tuesday was his first Field Trip.  Two of the five Kindergarten classes went to the Brenton Arboretum.  (Nature stuff!)  I volunteered to help out on the trip.  I really wanted to just experience this with Kayson... and see the other kids and meet a few parents.  It's so different now - we don't really see the kids or parents at school (like we used to at daycare).  Anyway, I was in charge of keeping 6 kids safe and with me at all times.  ha.  It made me giggle, but made me nervous too.  :)  Luckily the kids were great... and we had a really good time.  However, I don't want to be a teacher and I don't want to be a parent of 6 kids when I grow up!!!  Holy cow, I was completely exhausted after just 3.5 hours.  :)  


Mrs. White's class!
Looking for insects!
Love this picture.
Picnic time!
And today Kayson's school did a special activity called "Miles for Maple Grove" which was a walk/run for the kids.  It was a fund raiser for the school (I think!)... and the kids got T-shirts and had a fun day.  Kayson came home with a medal and a couple good stories for us.  So cute.  Our neighbor went to watch the kids, and snapped this picture of K.  I thought it was so sweet. 


I love that smile.
Cora is still the same... nothing too exciting with her besides her just being fiesty!  She's now started to say her name - I sometimes catch her talking in 3rd person: "Cora May do it."  Oh dear!  

Tonight we had some old friends over - Jamie & Travis and their two boys.  The boys played really well together, so that was fun.  Cora was all over... she wanted to be with the boys (which they did OK with her), then she just wanted to be with us.  I think I heard "Mom" at least 1,000 times in an hour.  :)  Anyway, we had a really good evening with the Millers.

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment