Thursday, October 2, 2014

This & That

  • I'm excited that our 'shows' are back on...  Parenthood (which I cry at EVERY.TIME.I.WATCH!), The Voice, Grey's Anatomy, Big Bang Theory, and The Blacklist.  I'm sure there's more that we will get into, but these are our main ones.  
  • It's been another 'heck of a week'.  Work is out of control busy.  Home stuff has been busy.  Tuesday night I drove up to Webster City to watch Hope play VB.  She's a senior, and it's important to me (and her) that I see her play... so I made the trip.  I left the kids with a sitter until Ryan could get home.  It was a long night (gone for 4.5 hours and in the car for 3 of those), but totally worth seeing her play.  Then Wednesday night I had VB.  Ashley stayed with the kids... then hung out with us once I got home.  
  • I need to clean.  Period.  Since being gone last weekend... and we'll be gone again this weekend, somehow I need to squeeze some cleaning.  Hmmm... not sure how that's going to get done (especially as I sit here on the computer watching TV)
  • Kayson's doing well at school.  His teacher sent home a Skills Assessment this week.  It basically showed us what he knows...  which we already knew, but it was nice to see.  It's funny that he can count for us til well over 100... and on his sheet he counted to only 49.  It just makes me think that he gets nervous or distracted.  Proof that kids are so different around their parents and in their own home.  
  • K also seems to be really liking the before and after school.  I'm finally seeing him be more comfortable there... he's telling me stories about his 'friends', he's told me he likes a girl who is in 1st grade, and he's giving high-fives to a few of the teachers.  THIS is exactly what I've been waiting to see.  I want him happy there...  just like he was at daycare. 
  • Cora is a pistol.  Man, this girl is a hand full.  I have so many darn stories about her...  I don't even know where to start.  I would be typing forever.  She's stubborn, she's ornery, she's funny, she's loveable, and she can be mean too.  ha. 
  • I hear the weather is supposed to be super chilly this weekend...  that might be a little refreshing, but I'm not ready for winter.  If it just sticks around for a short while, that would be good with me.
  • I want to go shopping... bad.  That's all.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment