Thursday, October 16, 2014

2nd Wind

I've had a 'second wind' for about 45 minutes... since 10pm.  It's now 11pm, and I'm still up...  I've cleaned up the kitchen, I've put laundry away, I've finished Cora's 1-2 year photo book...  and I'm still up.  I'm awake.  Ryan and I talked around 10... had a good conversation about 'stuff'... and apparently it perked me up a little.  Don't get me wrong - I'm exhausted.  Dead tired.  Emotionally and physically, but I'm awake.  :)

Cora got her hair cut this afternoon...  we've been talking about this for a couple weeks.  "Abby - cut Cora May's hair."  Yep honey.  She did great - she sat WITH the cape on (much better than the first time!)  She had two suckers and totally sat still for Abby.  She didn't say a word, but she did great.  :)  Her bangs were getting too long, and ugly.  Abby trimmed up the back as well.  All cleaned up and adorable.  I'm still not sure how we'll have her hair when she gets older, but for now - short and simple works.

This evening we had dinner with Nicky and Avery.  Nicky mentioned it around 3 this afternoon and I thought, what the heck.  I know the kids would be tired and probably wouldn't eat well, but I guess I just knew I wanted out of the house.  And I was right - Cora didn't eat a bite...  Kayson was tired, BUT he did fairly well.  It was a nice hour or so. 

Also tonight I held an Usborne Book 'show' online/on Facebook.  Martina has become a consultant... so I wanted to help her out.  I didn't know what to expect with an online gig, but it was pretty darn cool.  Martina sent out a few links to some great books... and it just made you start looking.  I got some more ideas, and it appears I'll be getting some free books.  Bonus.  If anyone reading this is interested - log onto Facebook and look at my events... you can see the feed from there.  

Kayson's tired.  I mean, this kid is busy...  and I like to believe he's happy at school and the before/after program.  So I know he is non-stop during the day.  Lately, he's been struggling with stuff here...  listening and showing respect for me.  (mostly cuz it's just me at home).  Tonight before we left, he had a meltdown (I'm not even sure what the heck it was about now), but I had to just stop him and myself...  get down to his level and talk.  When I do that, wow - he stops and listens (and it tends to hurt his feelings a little).  Gosh, I should seriously do that every time huh?!  ha.  I know it's hard being a kid - I get it.  It's hard being a Mommy too!  :)

Well... I'm still awake.  :)  I thought if I stopped to blog, maybe I would get tired enough to lay down.  Not yet.  Wow - tomorrow morning is going to come way too early.

Here's to Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment