Sunday, August 17, 2014

Weekend

Where the heck did the weekend go??  Grr.
Friday evening we stayed in...  which was great.  My niece, Ashley, had called - wanted to come hang out.  I love that!  We ordered in Chinese... and hung out...  lots of giggles and good talk.  

Saturday the day started early...  Cora didn't sleep well, instantly whiny.  Ugh.  I left to get my hair cut...  so Ryan got to enjoy her on his own!  I got home around 9:30...  and then I loaded the kids up and we went to a park nearby to celebrate a neighbor girls birthday.  It was kind of a gloomy, misty morning...  but it worked out.  We played for about an hour...  well, Kayson played, Cora ran around asking for snacks.  Figures.  :)  Home we went...  and nap was taken for Cora.  Another short one. 

Ryan's parents came to stay with the kids Saturday night...  we had a wedding to go to.  My friend, Katie, was getting hitched!  She was an intern in my area a couple years ago, and we totally hit it off.  She's such a great person... fun, caring and a spit-fire.  I think Ryan wasn't really interested in going to the wedding, but once we were there, he actually knew a few people... and the table we sat at had some great conversations through the night.  It was a lot of fun for us...  and nice to get away just us. 

Today we slept in a little... just a little.  Then I took the kiddos up to Ames to get their pictures taken.  2 year pics for Cora... and hoping for at least one of the two of them together.  It got done... and I already have the pictures - pleased.  I'll post a few later.  The drive up there and back were pretty terrible...  my kids just don't do well in the car.  Or I should say Cora doesn't do well.  She's constantly whining...  I just am over it.  :)  And Kayson talks the ENTIRE TIME.  I asked him if he'd like to actually 'listen' to the music...  he said yes... that lasted about 30 seconds, then he was talking again.  ha.  I don't mind the talking, there's just not any silence - ever!  ha.  :)  

Anyway, then Ryan unfortunately had to leave for South Dakota early this afternoon.  Oh boy - it was 2:30 and I thought - 'this is going to be a long afternoon!'  Cora took another short nap...  owly and whiny.  She developed a cough overnight... and a snotty nose.  SO...  watching that.  I'm hoping for a good nights sleep... for all of us!  I miss Ryan already!!! 

Just a few pics from today.


No comments:

Post a Comment