Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Kayson - First Day of Kindergarten!

Today was it!  The day we've been waiting for and talking about for weeks! Kayson is officially a Kindergartner!  Today and tomorrow are 'short days' - 9:45 to 1:45, then Friday is a full day.  I think that was a good decision...  even for the parents!  I was excited to hear about his day (even if he was only there for 4 hours!)

K and I hung out in the morning...  just took our time, played outside a little bit... then finally headed over to the school.  Daddy met us there - we got there plenty early, so we walked around, and then made our way to the doors.  We waited.  Soon enough, here came all the other little boys and girls.  It was pretty cool.  One of the little boys (Ryan) in his class was a Tball teammate, so that was super nice.  K and Ryan talked a little and giggled, so that was awesome.  

Then right at 9:45, all the kids got lined up with their classmates, and the teachers led them into the building.  We blew kisses and we were off.  There were no tears - from Kayson or myself.  I was pretty proud.  He just looked like he fit in and he knew what was going on...  which was a great feeling.  

Ryan picked Kayson up at 1:45... since we don't have the before and after school care yet (not til Friday), Ryan took K back to his work...  thankfully there's this thing called Netflix - and K was happy and quiet.  

Tonight, Kayson was pretty owly for me...  crabby, tired, and did a lot of talking back.  That did not make me happy...  very sad actually.  But when Dad walked in the door...  things were fine.  Figures.  It's just me.  :)  Anyway, overall - Kayson talked a little about his day.  I think he enjoyed it.  I'm anxious to see what he learns and the new routine we get into.  I'm sure it'll be great.  

Pictures from our morning.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment