Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sunday and the Rest of the Week

The last few days have just flown by... I've been busy on my own at home and lots going on at work. 

First things first - Sunday, our beautiful niece, Landry, was baptized.  It was a great service, and then we enjoyed some time (actually the LAST time) at Blair and Martina's home in Nevada.  (They move NEXT WEEK!)  It was a nice day... Landry is very blessed!  And if you can't tell by the next picture - she's not loved at all.  ha.  The big cousins and brother ALL wanted to hold her.  This was our attempt to get her in the picture - all kids touching her - and her not being dropped!! 

She wore Martina's baptismal dress - so special.
So that was our Sunday... 
Monday Ryan headed to Illinois...  and we were back to our normal routine.  I think we were all ready!  My Monday turned 'south' nearly the instant I got to work.  A teammate of mine was fired Monday morning...  leaving us in some surprise, but also not (bad performance)...  and then leaving us in some panic of knowing how much work myself and my other teammate will be taking on until the position is filled.  It's been a very crazy week thus far...  my brain hurts!  :)

Tuesday evening was Kindergarten Event Night!!  It was a night for the parents and kiddos to go to the school and get acquainted and learn some more information.  With Ryan out of town, I asked Nicky and Avery to stay with Cora...  and it's a good thing.  There's no way I would have been able to concentrate with her with me!  The kids were taken to a couple classrooms for reading, and some fun... and the parents met in the Library with the Principal, Asst. Principal and a few teachers.  For about 50 minutes, we were thrown A LOT of information!  I tried to write stuff down!!!  But figured - "we'll figure it out - he's registered - we know when to go - we'll be good!!"  I hope!  It's exciting.  

From the Event Night, they provided us with 75 words (basic/sight words) saying that these words would be words that the kids will learn within the first couple weeks/months of being in school.  Tonight, I wanted to see how many Kayson knew.  He knew about 90% of them!!  I was thrilled - so proud... and truly amazed and so thankful for his teachers.  

It's been a pretty good week.  Ryan should be home tomorrow night... then he's got a birthday Friday!!
See his tiny mo-hawk?  ah.
at Maple Grove Elementary - Waukee
He's OUT - but what the heck is that position?!?!
No pictures of Cora - all of the recent ones are her looking SO dirty.  ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment