Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

It's been a nice day thus far...  I'm going to back up a little though.  Saturday afternoon we headed down to Creston.  Ryan's cousin, Jenna, was being confirmed in the Catholic Church, and Ryan is her God-Father.  It was important for us to be there.  We made it through the hour and a half mass (yes, 1.5 hours with two kiddos!)  Yikes!  They did really well.  Then we enjoyed some time at Bill and Joni's celebrating...  great food, and some great weather to be outside.  

We spent the night... getting the kids to bed late, but they slept in pretty well today.  EXCELLENT.  Happy Mommy's Day to me.  ha.  We attended church (we are all church-ed out!! - I joke!) with Mike and JeanAnn, then just hung out for awhile.  We got home about an hour ago...  Cora fortunately went back to sleep... Ryan, K and I are just sitting quietly.  Nice. 

I had asked for two things today: 1) to not cook and 2) not to do laundry.  Well - I think the no cooking thing is going to be a success - I'm asking for El Rodeo tonight.  BUT the laundry thing - Yah, I can't handle seeing mounds of clothes, so I started a load a little bit ago.  ha.  Oh well!  :)

I'm very lucky and blessed to have my little family...  and it was all worth it because Kayson told me "Happy Mother's Day Mommy - I love you."  That's really all I need.  

I think about all the other mommy's out there...  My Mom - she's a great mom.  I'm very sad though that she really has no idea that today is Mother's Day.  I hate that disease so much.  I think about my sisters - they are great mom's too. I think about JeanAnn and all she does for us.  I think about my sister in law, Martina - soon to be a mommy of 2.  I think about all my friends and my aunts, etc...  lots of people to be thankful for today.  Know that I'm thinking of you all... and hope you are spoiled in some way today.  

Here are a few pictures from the last couple days. 
My babies.  But they are growing up too fast.
Getting ready to bake with Grandma - aprons and all!  :)
So cheesy!
Jenna with her God parents (Michelle, Jenna & Ryan)

No comments:

Post a Comment