Thursday, May 15, 2014

Busy

I feel like we've been non-stop this week...  but it's more just busy the last couple nights.  Monday evening Kayson's T-ball game was postponed due to weather/rain.  Tuesday and Wednesday were evenings to prep for the garage sale I'm having.  (Tonight 5-7 and tomorrow 8-5).  Anyway, I say it every year - garage sales are A LOT OF WORK.  Yuk.  Tonight was a cold, wet evening...  I was worried we wouldn't have any 'business', but we did...  people stick it out!  I made some money...  but there's a lot more to sell.  Holy crap we have a lot of clothes...  I'm also selling some home decor that's OLD and shoes... and more baby stuff...  lots of stuff.  So with that...  my mind has been racing - hoping that everything goes well and we sell a bunch!  

Work has been out of control busy as well...  I've been working on a project, that actually wrapped up this morning.  I think this time off is good timing... even though I'm busy with the garage sale, I'm hoping this will refresh me a little for a new start next week.  

My mind has been busy thinking about my Mom too...  just makes me sad that she's suffering from that terrible disease.  I wish it was easier, and I wish there was a cure and it would be gone now.  But reality is that's not going to happen... 

Kayson's had a good week.  He actually said tonight that he thinks he's adjusting to the no nap thing.  I thought that was pretty sweet.  We talked about it a little...  and I told him I agreed - that he hasn't been as 'naughty'.  He asked if he needs to rest on stay home days - I told him we would just see how things are...  but more than likely - yes.  I personally think he still needs a rest or quiet time... so we'll just see how he adjusts on weekends.  I'm proud of him, he's growing up...  too fast. 

Cora is doing well too.  She's, too, growing up too fast.  My goodness - she's talking more...  answering questions (cuz she knows what they all mean now), and saying two words at a time.  "Hi Daddy", "Hi Momma".  Sweet.  It just makes me wants to scoop her up and squeeze her.  She wants us to put her hair in a "bow" as she says... so we do.  Again - sweet.  This week she's also started to play on her own a little.  I'm not going to lie - we really don't sit down with the kids until after supper, then we don't really have a ton of time to play... but lately, she's been playing alone or talking to herself, etc.

Well I've sat down for the first time since early afternoon today.  My legs hurt, feet hurt and I'm exhausted.  We'll see how long I can keep my eyes open after I post this!  :)  Here's to lots of 'business' tomorrow at the garage sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment