Friday, July 5, 2013

What a GREAT 4th of July!!

We had a fantastic day yesterday!  It's such a great thing having the day off and being able to just be with my kids!

We enjoyed the weather to it's fullest yesterday - it was beautiful all day long!  We went to the Urbandale parade in the morning...  we had never been to that one before, but it was a success!  The weather was great - we got a close spot - we were in the shade for the most part - and Kayson made out with candy!  He was thrilled.  :)  Cora did great - watching the entire time!!  About 10 minutes before we left, she got antsy, so I gave her her paci, and she was out. 

We had a quick lunch at home... then the kids layed down for a nap.  I did a quick grocery run, then did some quick cleaning too...  (everything was kind of 'quick' yesterday afternoon) - just getting things done and prepped for our evening out with friends. 

We then all headed up to Centennial Park in Waukee to enjoy the weather some more...  eat, drink and celebrate the 4th!  We met up with some neighbors and some other friends... and we all had a fantastic time!  Kayson did so awesome - played like crazy, ran like crazy and just had fun.  Cora, too, did well - however, I'm realizing she's more busy than I thought!  She literally was NON-STOP the entire time we were there (from 4 til 10!)  Oh boy.  :)   We grilled out and then just sat around, it was great!  The kids were doing so great, that we decided to stay put for the fireworks.  Kayson enjoyed them...  (as last year he didn't watch them cuz he was in bed)... and Cora did well too.  She just sat on my lap and stared, it was pretty sweet.  :)

We got home super late - after 10 pm...  exhausted!  I had to work today, which was TOUGH getting out of bed!!!  Ryan was off today, so he just hung out and got the kids to daycare (as they have more fun there!) 

It was a great day we had... and here are some great pictures!!
Friends!
My family
Waiting for the parade.
Such a great pic of the boys.
He did so well with the sparklers!
Having so much fun!!
My loves.  :)
Don't ask!!  I'm not sure... but I think it's funny!
Sittin' in brother's chair!  

No comments:

Post a Comment