Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Volunteer & Lights

Today was the start of my "Christmas Break"...  simply meaning, I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday of next week.  I'm thrilled!

Today I spent the day... entire day volunteering at Valley West Mall.  My good friend, Colleen, has been wrapping gifts at the mall for 7 years now with 4 of her other friends...  this year, they invited me along.  We started at 8 am, and 'wrapped up' at 5 pm...  leaving more wrapping for the next group of volunteers.  I'm not going to lie... it was a long day, however, knowing we were doing this for charity, made it all worth the while.  99% of the people were very thankful for our wrapping abilities and making their gifts look so nice.  We had a good time...  catching up with each other, snacking a little, and some of the girls finished their own shopping!  I will definitely be doing this again next year!  I'm so glad I was asked to join!  :)

Tonight we decided to go the Jolly Holiday Lights at Water Works Park.  First - what a HUGE park!  I had no idea that curved and went around THAT far!  It was very neat...  next time we'll let Kayson just sit on my lap so he can see just a little bit better...  but we think he got the jist of it!  

Tomorrow Ryan and I will be hanging out and doing some random things...  then we'll head up to Clarion to see my family for Christmas... back here Christmas Eve night so we can wake up Christmas morning here.  Then on to Creston Christmas Day afternoon through Monday.  Busy - but looking forward to it.  Pictures and more to come!  

Happy Holidays to all our friends and families!

No comments:

Post a Comment